1- What is a Paid-to-Click (PTC)?
A paid-to-click is a website that pays its members to visit websites. Advertisers buy advertisements on those sites, which distribute the money between the users when they visit ads. Usually, members are paid between $0.0001 to $0.02 per visited page. There are some exceptions, especially for the PTC-RevShares sites like PaidVerts (see What is a RevShare?)
2- What do Referral and Sponsor Mean?
Paid-to-click sites are all built in with a referring System. This allows members to refer other users which become their direct referrals. The referrer become their sponsor. Then, sponsors earn commissions on their referrals earnings or purchases.
3- What is a Bux Site?
A bux site is a website that allows its members to rent referrals. Some people don't like to refer, that's why there are so many bux sites in the industry. The bux sites allow members to rent unreferred users as their referrals, for a monthly fee. Sometimes, sponsors earn big profits with them, but sometimes they earn less than their renting fees, which resumes in a loss. That's why every member needs to manage their rented referrals to maximize their profits. Go to Manage Your Rented Referrals for more informations.
Bux sites work with membership upgrades. Indeed, they usually sell different upgrades at different costs with different features. The upgrades can start cheap, but the higher ones are sometimes very expensive.
4- What is a Revenue Sharing Site (RevShare)?
A Revshare is a website that shares most of its revenues between the members. There are many different revshare compensation plans. The two most known are PTC-Revshare (like PaidVerts) and Traffic Exchange-Revshare (like TrafficMonsoon) systems.
- In a PTC-Revshare site, members can earn cents by viewing ads as free members like on any normal PTC. Moreover, they can increase their earnings by participating in the revshare system. Members can buy advertising packages that will give them points. Those points will be turned into cash ads with time, which will worth more than the advertising package cost.
- A good example to illustrate this system is PaidVerts: Members earn cash by turning their Bonus Ad Points (BAPs) into cash ads. Each BAP is worth $0.0005. Cash ads can worth from $0.0005 (which costs 1 BAP) to $1,000+ (a $1,000 cash ad would cost 2,000,000 BAPs ($1,000 / $0,0005 = 2,000,000)).
- There are two ways to earn BAPs on PaidVerts:
- 1- Members can click BAP ads for free, which will earn them BAPs.
- 2- Members can buy adPacks. Every adpack costs $1.05 and gives 3,100 BAPs plus advertising credits. Those 3,100 BAPs will eventually turn into $1.55 worth of cash ads (3,100 x 0.0005 = $1.55). This means that members can earn up to $1.55 of cash ads per $1.05 of advertising package bought. That means a return of 148% on their purchase ($1.55 / $1.05 = ~148%)
- Members need to buy an advertising package which will earn them a revenue sharing position plus advertising credits. As long as there are sales generated by the website, the revenue sharing position will earn money until it maxes out its earning potential.
- TrafficMonsoon is a good example of this system: Members can buy adpacks for $50 each, which will earn them a revenue sharing position plus advertising credits. Every revenue sharing position will earn money hourly until it has earned a total of $55. This means a return of 110% on the purchase cost ($55 / $50 = 110%).
Traffic Exchange-RevShare System
5- Are There Risks of Joining these Types of Websites?
There are thousands of websites in the industry of PTCs and RevShares. Many of them eventually close down due to profit losses or they simply scam. A scam is when a website closes down before paying the remaining money in members balance or before delivering the services the members paid for.
So, yes there are risks of joining those kind of websites which are to lose money on a website that scams. That is why I made a list of recommended websites. I know all admins of the sites I recommend and those are simply the best in the market. There are very few chances that any of them closes down, and even less chances to see them scam since I make sure the sites I join are from legit admins.
6- How to Maximize my Profits?
- If you don't know what is a rented referral (RR), go to What is a Bux Site section. It involves some work in order to make good profits with rented referrals, as of with any job.
- Recycling losing referrals
On a bux site, rented referrals all cost the same price, but every one of them has different clicking behaviours so they don't earn the same amount of commissions to the sponsor. If a referral clicks 1 ad daily and another one clicks 4 ads daily, the second one will be much more profitable. The first goal is then to avoid losing referrals. The losing RR are the ones who earn the sponsor less commissions than their cost. For example, a referral who cost $0.30 for 30 days of renting, but earns $0.005 daily commissions to the sponsor is a losing RR. Indeed, after 30 days, the RR will have earned $0.15 ($0.005 x 30) commissions to the sponsor and will have cost $0.30. This means a loss of $0.15.
Bux sites allow members to recycle their referrals for a fee. When you recycle a referral, you change it to a new one, hoping it will be a profitable one. Once most of the losing RR are replaced by profitables ones, members make higher profits.
- Buying Upgrades
Buying upgrades usually increase the profits a lot. This is due to the bonus features about the RR system included in the upgrade. The upgrades usually give cheaper renting rates, cheaper recycling rates, a higher RR limit and higher commissions on referrals clicks. If you can afford to buy an upgrade, I would suggest you to see which PTC you prefer (higher earnings, better support, high commissions, etc.), compare the upgrades on every PTC and then chose which one to buy.
6.1- Manage Your Rented Referrals (Bux Sites Only)
- A very good way to increase profits on paid-to-click sites is by referring people on them. If a member joins a PTC site with your referral link, they become your direct referral. Once the direct referrals are acquired, it doesn't cost any fee to keep them, in opposite of rented referrals. I would suggest to look which sites give higher earnings and higher referral commissions to promote them firstly. There are many ways to promote your referral link, such as buying advertisings on other sites, share your link to friends, in forums, in social medias or by surfing for free on traffic exchanges (such as TrafficMonsoon and EasyHits4U).
- I will eventually add more informations on the best ways to get direct referrals.